New in 2.1.4 (2023-09-08)
- Support for installation on Windows with Python 3.11.
New in 2.1.3 (2023-08-18)
- Support for installing with pipx.
New in 2.1.2 (2023-06-20)
- Support for Anaconda Python 3.10 on Windows.
New in 2.1.1 (2022-01-23)
- Fixed building of Python wheel on Windows (missing DLLs).
New in 2.1.0 (2021-11-28)
- Added support for text encoding in the API.
New in 2.0.0 (2021-11-25)
- Migrated map plotting library from Basemap to Cartopy.
- Non-backward compatible changes to projections and projection options.
New in 1.5.6 (2021-03-26)
- Fixed an integer division issue in argument parsing on Python 3.
New in 1.5.5 (2021-03-16)
- Fixed deprecation warnings in recent versions of numpy and matplotlib.
- Fixed colormaps arising in recent versions of matplotlib.
- Fixed bytes vs. str handling in Python 3.
- Support for Python 3 in tests.
New in 1.5.4 (2020-08-02)
- Support for Python 3.
- Support for new versions of matplotlib.
New in 1.5.2 (2015-10-18)
- Fix inverted layer products.
- Fix type casting error arising in recent versions of numpy.
- Fix MODIS swath dimension mapping (values on the 180th meridian are misplaced).
- Fix matplotlib image interpolation.
New in 1.5.1 (2015-09-01)
- Switched to interp2d_12 interpolation.
- Fixed compilation on new Ubuntu/Debian releases.
New in 1.5 (2015-03-21)
- Added support for arbitrary dataset plotting (experimental).
- Added ccplot API functions (experimental).
- Removed dependency on PyNIO. ccplot now uses its own HDF reading
module interfacing with libhdf4 and libhdfeos.
- Support for Windows.
- Support for Mac OS X.
- CALIPSO LIDAR altitudes are now read from the product file
instead of being hard-coded in ccplot.
- Automatic unit testing performed by Travis CI.
- ccplot now looks for colormaps in a directory relative to
the executable. This fixes installation in non-standard paths.
- New man page in ronn.
New in 1.4.7 (2013-06-16):
- Fixed a serious bug in CALIPSO profile visualization. Height of CALIPSO
profile data points could be shifted by as much as 300m in the vertical
relative to their correct location. This is because data and height
arrays were shifted by one element.
New in 1.4.6 (2013-06-04):
- Fixed type cast bug when plotting CALIPSO profiles
(previously fixed for CloudSat only in 1.4.5).
- Added a set of unit tests.
New in 1.4.5 (2013-05-31):
- Fixed type cast bug with numpy 1.7.
New in 1.44 (2010-09-02):
- Changed backend back from cairo to AGG (though not GTK AGG as before),
because matplotlib enforces limitation on the number of line points with
cairo to 18980, which is not enough for basemap.
New in 1.43 (2010-08-18):
- Fixed numpy include path in setup.py.
- matplotlib is imported with the cairo backend, so that X server
is not required to be running.
- Updated installation instructions in INSTALL.
New in 1.42 (2010-06-11):
- Support for changing meridians and parallels through the meridiansbase,
parallelsbase, nminormeridians and nminorparallels options.
- Updated installation instructions in INSTALL.
- Updated information in README.
New in 1.41 (2010-05-13):
- Wrong dimension mapping of MODIS Swath near 180E was fixed.
- Missing meridians on polar plots were fixed.
- Projection options like central latitude, central meridian,
bounding latitude and latitude of true scale
can now be set with the -p switch.
- Wrong interpolation radius calculation on Equidistant Cylindrical
plots was fixed.
- Ticks on profile plot are now more dense by default.
- Sufrace elevation line can now be plotted for CALIPSO profile products
(and is on by default).
New in 1.4 (2010-05-07):
- The way aspect ratio is specified was changed.
- Vertical extent is now set by -y instead of -v.
- Horizontal extent can now be expressed in terms of geographical
coordinates for swath plot types.
- Tick on trajectories can be specified by the newly introduced
trajticks and trajnminortics options.
- ccplot now checks libraries versions at start-up.
- -V print version flag was added.
- -v be verbose flag was added.
- The way plot layout is constructed was rewritten. Newly added
options plotheight, padding and cbspacing can be used to control
- -z options parsing would cash the program instead of failing. Fixed.
- Default output filename now set to ccplot.png.
- List of available projections and options is not printed as part of
the help output, but can be printed by -p help and -z help (resp.)
- Insufficient memory error condition is now handled gracefully.
- Colormap files are now searched for in some default locations first.
New in 1.31 (2009-09-21):
- Fixed CALIPSO plots time extent bug.
New in 1.3 (2009-09-20):
- Changed the semantics of -x command-line argument.
- Added support for time extent.
New in 1.21 (2009-08-20):
- Fixed layer products precision error.
New in 1.2 (2009-08-19):
- Fixed colormaps: calipso-cratio.cmap, calipso-dratio.cmap and calipso-temperature.cmap.
New in 1.1 (2009-08-18):
- Interpolation method was changed from quadratic to nearest for all products.
- Support for older versions of matplotlib (at least 0.98.1) was added.
- Layer products performance improvements (re-implementation of data processing C).
- Fixed singular matrix bug with CloudSat profile products.
- Traceback no longer reported when trying to plot a product that is not contained within a data file.
New in 1.0 (2009-08-10):